Fire Protection for Cable Ducts / E&M Services
To ensure power supply to essential services is maintained during a fire, it is a BCA requirement to provide a fire rated enclosure to protect the mains power supply and isolate it from the rest of the building.
Fire resistance levels (FRL’s) to maintain circuit integrity of power cables in a fire are different to the FRL’s required for compartment separation. Circuit integrity for cables require a higher level of insulation protection as cables overheat at lower temperatures than the insulation criteria allows for penetrations or partitions.
Fyreguard have systems to ensure the correct design and functionality of mains cable supply for essential services are met.
Please contact us to discuss how Fyreguard can assist you with your current project or any future developments.
- Structural Steel Protection
- Penetration Seals
- Fire Rated Access Hatches
- Concrete, Masonry and Metal Decking
- Ventilation and Smoke Extraction Ducts
- Cable Ducts / E and M Services
- Fire Rated Window and Doors
- Intumescent Fire Dampers
- Fire Rated Partitions and Ceilings
- Fire Rated External Walls