Fire Protection for Ventilation and Smoke Extraction Ducts
It is quite common that mechanical ventilation systems will require to be fire rated, as these services often connect more than one fire compartment. The Fire Resistance Level (FRL) can vary depending on the ducts purpose and location within a building. For example, kitchen exhaust, stair pressurization, return air, toilet exhaust, air conditioning (split and ducted), etc.
There are several systems and methods Fyreguard can suggest to fire rate ducts, including boards, sprays and wraps.
- Structural Steel Protection
- Penetration Seals
- Fire Rated Access Hatches
- Concrete, Masonry and Metal Decking
- Ventilation and Smoke Extraction Ducts
- Cable Ducts / E and M Services
- Fire Rated Window and Doors
- Intumescent Fire Dampers
- Fire Rated Partitions and Ceilings
- Fire Rated External Walls